WHO WE ARE
Myeloma Patients Europe (MPE) is a pan-European organisation representing 48 European myeloma and AL amyloidosis patient groups and associations accross 31 European countries that:
- Represents the interests of myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients, their families and caregivers at European level.
- Increases its members’ and individual patient advocates’ ability to advocate on behalf of myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients.
- Promotes scientific progress to address the greatest unmet needs in myeloma and AL amyloidosis.
- Takes collective action to ensure that all European patients have their myeloma and AL amyloidosis detected early and can secure access to optimal treatment and care.
MPE is registered as a non-profit organisation (AISBL) under Belgian law. You can find the MPE website here.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
MPE’s strategic objectives 2019-2024 are to:
- Provide a strong voice for myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients at a European and international level.
- Strengthen members’ and individual advocates’ ability to advocate effectively.
- Secure a larger patient voice in myeloma and AL amyloidosis research.
- Accelerate progress in the treatment and care of myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients.
- Increase the number of patients who have their myeloma and AL amyloidosis diagnosed in a timely manner.
- Improve access to optimal treatment and care for all myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients in Europe.
- Strengthen MPE’s effectiveness, sustainability and capacity to take collective action.
You can see a full explanation of MPE strategic objectives here.
OUR COMMITMENT ON ACCESS IN EUROPE
MPE is committed to working at a pan-European level, and with our members nationally, to address the inequalities, barriers and challenges preventing optimum treatment and care of myeloma and AL amyloidosis patients. The reasons for access variations are complex and multi-faceted, but we believe through evidence generation and effective collaboration we can develop solutions to improve patient outcomes.
MPE Myeloma Access Atlas is designed to support MPE in this commitment, through providing a platform for our members to see comparative evidence on access and information on potential advocacy actions to address barriers and challenges.